Monday, May 31, 2010

Memorial Weekend in Amarillo

So we were way over due for a trip to Amarillo! I was packing for the trip and I realized it was Christmas last time we were there! The weekend went way too fast, of course, but we had a lot of fun. Gracie loves her Grammy and Pappy! We got a very late start on Friday and didn't make it in till after 1 on Saturday morning. BUT, that didn't stop Brock from getting up at 6:30 for golf! :) He and his dad went and played and Gracie and I slept in and played with Grammy. Gracie discovered Pappy's petunia's on their balcony and had a fun time picking those :/ (sorry Pappy!).


We met up with the guys at the course right as they were finishing up and Gracie got her first lesson in golf. Daddy showed her how to putt and Gracie helped Daddy get all the balls in the hole.
I think her favorite thing though was pulling all the flags out.



We later got to hang out with Brett, Cheryl, Bryan, & Julie. It was so good to spend the evening together and Bryan's uncle even let us take the boat out! Us girls got to listen to the boys re-live their glory days, and I have to say, they have some funny stories. Sunday, we went to church and had lunch with Memaw and Clarence. Gracie was a sweet girl and went straight to Memaw. Brock and his parents went to play another round that afternoon but his dad got tired so he came home and watched Gracie and I got to go play the last 9 holes with Brock and his mom. I haven't played since before I was pregnant with Gracie so I wasn't expecting much, but, Brock is a great teacher! I was making good contact but kept slicing right and my putting wasn't great. It took me a little bit to work it out but on the sixth hole I actually made par! My first par ever! AND Brock bogeyed (sp?) so I beat him on that hole! (That will probably never happen again so I'm going to take braggin rights when I can! :)) I couldn't have done it without him though and he was so proud of me. :) It was my favorite part of the weekend!






We had a date night that night and Brock wrapped up the weekend by winning another scramble tournament! He made enough money to pay for gas there and back and for our date. NOICE!, as he would say! :D


It was a great weekend! In other news, Gracie is learning all kinds of things. She can now say please (or "pwee") and says thank you. "Thank you" isn't too clear yet but it's still manners just the same. :) She knows where her nose, hair, ears, and toes are, as well as saying "eyes" and pointing to them. At Grammy and Pappy's house, she wore herself out going up and down stairs all weekend. That's all she wanted to do! It makes this momma nervous but she's gotta learn it sooner or later. She is running very well and I think has finally moved up to a size 3 in shoes, lol. This should help us find shoes that are good for walking!
We're still driving so I think I'm going to get back to singing county songs with my honey! Love y'all!

3 comments:

  1. Love the golf lesson pictures! Haha! Gracie is so cute! Way to go on your par! Though...I'm still debating if Pappy was really that tired...or if he just wanted some time with that grandbaby! Ha! I'm sure they loved every second you guys were there! (Plus, you got a free babysitter for date night! Woot!!) Sounds like you guys had a great weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks like a great trip!
    I'm so impressed with your golfing...Philip would love it if I golfed with him...but I'm too competitive to be so bad, and I have never golfed, so I would be.
    Love all the pics...as always Gracie is too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol, kayla i'm thinking you're right about Pappy! they are so great with her and we were SO happy to get a date night!!! wish y'all lived closer so we could have seen y'all too!
    and jocelyn, i have to get better at golfing! :) our kids are going to be great since Brock will start them early and then when we all go to play they're going to tell him "Mom's on your team Dad, we don't want her on ours". lol, and i'm too competitive to let that happen! :)

    ReplyDelete