Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Christmas in June ;)

Some of you may have heard me say before that I enjoy seeing our flowers bloom so much it feels like Christmas! :) It's true! Mostly because we aren't the creators of the garden in our backyard and we're still learning what all is back there! Lol, we are finally getting around to spending the time we need fixing it up. I never knew how much work goes into a garden!!!

We have cannas, catmint, daises, tiger lilies, honeysuckle vines, mint, and several others that we are still clueless about.


Daisies

Please ignore the weeds in this picture. I haven't gotten to this side of the yard yet. :) Anyone know what this flower is?
Our rose bush. It's actually pretty pitiful right now. We need some serious clippers.



???? I know that's catmint in the back but have no idea what the yellow flowers are. Gracie LOVES them though!

Tiger Lilies


Going outside is now one of Gracie's favorite things to do! I can't even say "outside" if it doesn't mean actually going outside. She'll run to the back door and cry, saying "side!" until I take her out to play. Here are few pics of her having fun in the yard.


But Mama I always pick all the yellow flowers at the park!




AND back to the yellow flowers. :)

4 comments:

  1. I love is when all the flowers start to come up too and I remember the same feeling when we first moved into our house.
    Looks like your garden has a lot of great perinnials! How nice :)
    My mom has a bunch of the first pic - Purple Coneflower (love them...and they are so hardy and come back every year and are super pretty!)
    I think the last pic might be a Fern-Leaf Yarrow (also perinnial...and I love Yellow!)
    My Mom and Gran are both BIG gardeners/flower people...I will ask them next time I can show them the pics :)
    Love that gracie loves to be outside! You guys gotta go camping!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know! Ashley said she might try to organize a camping trip for all of us in Sept! :) And I've been looking at Lake Grapevine a little. It looks like they have a lot available there.
    Thanks for the flower names too! It helps so much when you know what to do to help them survive!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your pictures of the flowers are amazing! And I love how she keeps coming back to the yellow flowers! She is so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Adrianne! :) She LOVES her backyard!

    ReplyDelete