Wednesday, April 21, 2010

A Day In The Park

Anyone else loving this weather?! It is soooo gorgeous outside!!! And it makes it that much harder to work inside! Brock and I have been working on a new system for housecleaning and usually I would use the park as a reward post-chores. BUT, seeing as how I need to get in my exercise, I justified going to the park by walking 3 miles around the neighborhood first! See, you like how I did that?! It's win-win and we're all happy! :D lol, Gracie even got a nap while we walked.

Gracie always enjoyed the park before but, now that she's walking, it's even better! I helped her get up the steps and we went down the slide I don't know how many times. She crawled through the tunnels and, of course, lovvveedddd the swings. But I think her favorite thing to do today, out of all of the stuff at the park, was to try and eat dirt and flowers! Yeah... seriously. :) She was constantly grabbing handfuls of dirt and trying to eat it (and she tried to eat pebbles from our back porch yesterday). She wasn't as bad with the flowers. Anytime she saw some yellow dandelions, her little legs would go as fast as they could and she pick them all. I think she cleared out the park of all the dandelions and a few tiny purple flowers as well. It was pretty cute! :)








Here she is after she tried to eat one of her dandelions. :)








These are a few pictures from when Brock, Gracie, and I all did a picnic at the park. It was a lot of fun! We have a video of us "playing soccer" with her on Brock's computer. She really liked that!













Some other new things she has going on include four new teeth on top! We were right about the teething in Nashville... they all came in at once, poor baby. She's been trying a lot more foods like pizza, peanut butter-n-jelly sandwiches, and a cheeseburger (just the meat & cheese ;) ). There are also a few times a day when I hear her "singing". It is the sweetest sound in the world!!! I LOVE it!!! She really likes to hear songs as well. It doesn't matter how upset she is, I can sing "The Wheels on the Bus" and she'll start laughing and clapping. :) Gracie enjoys playing Pat-a-Cake and Peek-a-Boo (she plays Peek-a-Boo mostly with Daddy, it's their game ;) ). I think her favorite thing EVER right now is reading! If I let her, and I have quite a few times, she'll pull out every book she has so that we can read it.... sometimes more than once. We definitely get in plenty of reading!






Lastly, here are a few pictures from my sister's wedding - which was BEAUTIFUL. It was so nice to see everyone! And as you can tell, Brock is fitting in just perfectly ;)


















Love you all! :)

1 comment:

  1. i love all the pics!! and I agree about the nice weather!

    ReplyDelete