Thursday, March 18, 2010

Finally!!! a blog! yay!






Well, I've been trying to start a blog for a while now. Though we do have one on wordpress... I don't know how to use that thing. And why I chose now is beyond me. You would think the life of a stay-at-home mom would be pretty relaxed and laid back but it seems we have stuff going on all the time. BUT, I promise friends and family, I will try my best to keep this up to date with plenty of pictures! :)






So, Gracie had her birthday about a month ago. I know it's cliche but I can't believe it's been a year! In some ways, it feels she's always been a part of us but in other ways, it feels like we just got her. And she already seems to be growing up so fast. Everyone has been commenting on how much older she looks recently: lots of hair coming in, teeth coming in, standing up (almost walking)... and, if things go the way they should, last night will have been her last nursing. :( We've been slowly cutting down the times that she nurses over the last month so hopefully it will go well for both of us. AND, I'm crossing my fingers that my friends are right and that I will lose this extra 5 pounds my stomach and hips seem to want to hold onto!
Other than the big number ONE, we've just been working and having fun! Brock's job is up and down a lot but I'm so grateful to have a husband who works hard so I can be home with our baby. It's been wonderful staying home this past year but we've arrived at that time to start earning some extra dough. I actually had a harder time adjusting to staying home than I thought. I'm so used to working it was hard to feel like I wasn't contributing financially. So part time would be ideal for us... alittle time working, a little time at home... as long as we can find some affordable day care that won't make it all in vain!
We've got a little trip coming up for Brock's friend Kyle. He and his soon-to-be wife Rachel are getting married in Tennessee so we have an excuse for a little get away! :) Some great friends of ours are letting us use their portable dvd player which straps onto the headrest in the car so hopefully it will make the trip enjoyable for Gracie. We're definitely looking forward to a mini vacation! Then two weeks after that is my dear sister's wedding!!! =D So, we will definitely have some fun pictures coming up soon.
Gracie has finally woken from her record breaking slumber so this is it for now. Sorry for the randomness... this is more of a catch-up post I guess. =) More to come soon!

6 comments:

  1. Happy to have found your blog. I love reading other stay at home mommy blogs. I'm an old friend of Brock's from high school. Gracie is beautiful!!! Good luck finding a part time job. I just started keeping another little one in my home. If you are interested in doing that it's extra income and you still get to be with Gracie everyday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. great post! i love the pics of sweet gracie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks y'all! I'm really excited to have finally gotten started! :D Maile, I have thought about keeping another child but I wasn't sure how easy it would be since Gracie is still so young. It helps to hear you enjoy it though! Maybe I'll look into it some more! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete